Below is an outline that lists in my involvement with clean energy technologies along with systems I have built and installed. Please also feel free to view and download my resume at the end of this outline.
▪ Actively produce heating pellets from grass for use as home heat source. Currently testing home consumption of grass pellets, with final goal of going to market.
▪ Installing new standing seam roof with integrated 2000-watt Thin Film (BIPV) solar strips.
▪ Installed 200-watt Thin Film (BIPV) proof of concept installation in 2016.
▪ Installed backup solar powered lighting system at home.
▪ Built electrical power producing exercise bicycles that feed home power system. Currently working to finalize design, with final goal of going to market.
▪ Actively producing on residential scale, cellulosic ethanol from switchgrass and other biomass.
▪ Established switchgrass trial stands in 2007, 2008 and 2009 for use with cellulosic ethanol production.
▪ Working to develop home incubator to grow enzymes required for cellulosic ethanol production.
▪ Evaluating and testing feasibility of producing multiple energy and income streams from single crops or crop residues, with end goal of establishing an energy farm.
▪ Consulted on residential wind system installations and camp-sized solar installations, and have assisted in installation of each.
▪ Reduced home electric consumption by 35% and gas consumption by 20% by applying various energy saving methods and concepts.
▪ Constructed homemade personal wind generator.
▪ Testing custom built circuit to first charge batteries and then switch over to feed power into home’s AC power grid.
▪ Member of Association of Warm Season Grass Producers.
▪ Served as Secretary for Town of Hammond Alternative Energy Committee.
▪ Met with former NY State Assemblyman Darrel Aubertine regarding wind power potential in northern New York.